YOU CAN DO IT! You can go from a beginning fitness level to running a 5K in ONLY 9 WEEKS, working out 3 times a week.
Getting started*: Get yourself ready and prepared to run the CCA Grace Race 5K on Tuesday, June 4th, by following this simple workout plan:
1. Train 20-30 minutes, 3 times a week to get ready for the race.
2. Warm-up and cool-down for a few minutes before and after each workout.
3. Do your workouts every other day to give your body a chance to rest and recover.
4. Gradually increase your speed and decrease your time at your own pace, when you feel you are able to.
5. The sooner you start, the better…so get up and start training today!
We recommend you follow the Couch-to-5K®Running Plan, which is a proven beginner's running schedule that has helped thousands of new runners get off the couch and onto the roads, running 3 miles in just two months.
* Important Note: As with any workout regime, you should always consult with your doctor prior to beginning any new fitness/training regime.